Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Me + Lifechurch.tv = YouVersion Project !

And then there was Lifechurch.tv

Well, I left a message up on twitter the other day and a few people have asked me what I meant by saying “I have been working with some of the largest churches in the world.”

Here’s one example God has blessed me.

Lifechurch.tv has many campuses that include Arizona, Florida, New York, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas as well as Internet campuses. They reach over 40,000 people each week through these various venues and net campuses. They truly are setting the standard and in many cases redefining how the church does church. Recently at Drive 08 Andy Stanley expressed how he felt that Craig Groeschel (head pastor at Lifechurch.tv) was redefining the way church is being done. In fact this was a quote that Andy made from that conference.

“To reach people no one else is reaching, we must do things no one else is doing.” Craig Groeschel

Through Lifechurch.tv and their “Digerati Team” that is led by Terry Storch they produce what is known as YouVersion. YouVersion (www.youversion.com) is an online Bible application that has redefined the ability to access and research Bible scriptures online. Recently YouVersion went a step further and decided to take this revolutionary bible application and turn it into a mobile application. They currently have over 500,000 users on the iPhone version.

Lifechurch.tv / YouVersion recently put out a challenge to see if anyone would be interested in redesigning the mobile device application. Because I am so incredibly encouraged and inspired by Lifechurch.tv and the Digerati team I thought I would take a shot at the challenge in redesigning the application.

Here comes God Blessings.

After sending Terry Storch and team some concept ideas, they informed me that they loved the designs and that I was to move full steam ahead on the redesign of the Blackberry application. I have to tell you that I was shocked and totally beside myself. I have worked in design for many years but very few projects have ever meant as much as this one has to me.

Terry Storch is the co-author of “Blogging Church” and has worked at Fellowship Church with Ed Young and is now currently a leading member of Lifechurch.tv. If you have not in the past, I would encourage you to read about him here, www.terrystorch.com. He is truly a mastermind and pure inspiration to me.

I will soon be sharing screenshots of the upcoming designs however until it is released by Lifechurch and YouVersion I will keep those to myself and the Digerati Team. The new design really does rock and will be out soon for your Blackberry Device. Stay tuned at www.youversion.com for the release. Although I cannot share any of these screenshots yet, Terry has given a sneak peak of the design on this video around the 9 to 10 minute mark.

Live Broadcasting by Ustream

I am very honored even to include my name with this team and the peeps from Lifechurch.tv. They are truly the real deal and are passionate about glorifying the Kingdom of God. Hopefully, I will soon be able to head out to Oklahoma and meet the Digerati Team and get a behind the scenes of www.Lifechurch.tv.

Most Important
The main reason I share this whole experience with you is because God has shown me more than ever in my life that we need to reach out. We need to drop our pride and reach out. Regardless of denomination, sex, race, age, etc. We need to look up not around.

God has placed several other projects/churches in my path since this project has begun that I quite honestly cannot believe I will be part of. I am VERY excited about working with these churches and doing everything I can to help grow His Kingdom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats man! I'm really happy for you! :-)